Flottjet tischfrase..help..

snickargladje

ww-pappel
Hi to everyone, i'm mauro 26 yo, i'm italian but i live and work in sweden as furnituremaker, i would like ask a question about this machine Tischfräsmaschine FLOTTJET PROFI Typ 82501 Dehstrom 30mm Frässpindel neuwertig | eBay someone has some information about this flottjet brand? is a good machine?i have difficulties to find information about it so i tought was a good idea ask to you guys! i just need a small shaper for small works and i tought was a good little machine..every info is appreciated! thank you!

snickargladje

ww-pappel
Hi to everyone, i'm mauro 26 yo, i'm italian but i live and work in sweden as furnituremaker, i would like ask a question about this machine Tischfräsmaschine FLOTTJET PROFI Typ 82501 Dehstrom 30mm Frässpindel neuwertig | eBay someone has some information about this flottjet brand? is a good machine?i have difficulties to find information about it so i tought was a good idea ask to you guys! i just need a small shaper for small works and i tought was a good little machine..every info is appreciated! thank you!
and sorry for my ignorance in german!

Mathis

ww-robinie
Hello Mauro,

you can't go wrong with this machine!
I have been working on this machine ca. 30 years ago and for sure this is a good quality shaper!
The Flott Company was very well known for good quality tools, for example thousands of drill presses by Flott are in every day industrial use here in Germany (and probably all over the world).

In my opinion the Flott planers, shapers and table saws from this time (late 70s, early 80s) belong to the best small woodworking machines if you consider the price for these machines.
Flott is distributing modern machines today but these are said to come from China and surely are much inferior than these 100% German built ones as the shaper!

If you can handle the transport to Sweden, buy it!

snickargladje

ww-pappel
Hello Mauro,

you can't go wrong with this machine!
I have been working on this machine ca. 30 years ago and for sure this is a good quality shaper!
The Flott Company was very well known for good quality tools, for example thousands of drill presses by Flott are in every day industrial use here in Germany (and probably all over the world).

In my opinion the Flott planers, shapers and table saws from this time (late 70s, early 80s) belong to the best small woodworking machines if you consider the price for these machines.
Flott is distributing modern machines today but these are said to come from China and surely are much inferior than these 100% German built ones as the shaper!

If you can handle the transport to Sweden, buy it!

Hi Mathis and thank you very much for your answer, my doubts are gone now! it looks a very good machine, i want ask if it's possible to find a miter gauge for using in that tabletop track, i have one on my delta table saw, but this saw is american made and accept only 3/4 x 3/8 inch bar, do you know if it's possible to find one for this flottjet machine? for example ulmia or frommia can fit this flottjet shaper track?

Mathis

ww-robinie
Hello Mauro, you may have a piece of flat steel milled to fit the size of the table track angles, then you can combine this sliding bar to any miter gauge that you may have, this is work of one hour only.

By the way, did you buy the shaper?

snickargladje

ww-pappel
Hello Mauro, you may have a piece of flat steel milled to fit the size of the table track angles, then you can combine this sliding bar to any miter gauge that you may have, this is work of one hour only.

By the way, did you buy the shaper?

yes i bought it, thanks to your good review! i also found a good shipping deal with iloxx, 294euro, maybe do you know also another good german company that can ship at a reasonable price? good idea milling a piece of steel, i didn't think about, i just tought that maybe another german made miter gauge from another machine can fit the track! but thank you for the tip!

snickargladje

ww-pappel
yes i bought it, thanks to your good review! i also found a good shipping deal with iloxx, 294euro, maybe do you know also another good german company that can ship at a reasonable price? good idea milling a piece of steel, i didn't think about, i just tought that maybe another german made miter gauge from another machine can fit the track! but thank you for the tip!

ah another question, i have many cutters with 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch bore hole from an american shaper, do you think that spindles of these sizes can be made by a machinist shop for this machine instead of using 30mm cutters?

Mathis

ww-robinie
I have no clue if it is possible to dismantle the spindle and let someone turn a smaller..if you can take the spindle out i will be no problem getting one made to fit your needs.

I would have recommended Iloxx for this transport, if the seller can pack this machine well to protect it from beeing damaged. I would ask a forwarding company in Sweden for a price to get ta pallet picked up in Munich and forward it to sweden, sometimes this is even cheaper!

Good luck and enjoy this machine!

snickargladje

ww-pappel
Hi, i used iloxx for the shipping, it was a pretty good price.. about flottjet, do you have other informations? i even read that was in some way connected to ulmia, it is true? i'm just curious to hear more about it..thank you!

Oben Unten