Bd introduces Salvador Dalí Black Label Collection

archiexpo

ww-pappel
RSS Feed der Seite archiexpo.de
The 20th Anniversary of the death of this brilliant universal artist is in 2009 and Bd wishes to join the homage producing a special and limited edition of his fantastic furniture collection. All the finishings are based on the black colour, with aged black patina on the casted brass, marble Nero marquina for the famous egg, darkened gold leaf and dyed lime wood satín in black for the upholstery and chiffon of lingerie, also black for the lamp shades. Refined materials and handcrafted manufacturing to bring up to date a furniture collection, which Bd sells in exclusivity all over the world since the 90th, which is guaranteed by The Foundation Gala-Savador Dali in charge of the rights of the painter. The black label collection arrives to the market in a limited edition. "When together with Robert Descharnes we chose projects for furniture among all the ideas Dali had filled with his note pad for his collaboration with Jean-Michel Frank, we had to imagine the colors which Salvador would have chosen to realize his monochromed drawings. We did it remembering the preferences and obsessions of the masestro (gold, Carmin Schiaparelli…). The furniture was really very Dali but diffucult to combine in an interior not absolutely surrealistic. When for a special set-up we made a Leda chair with aged black patina and observed the entusiastic reaction of professionals, we were convinced that this crazy objects would look much less controversial in a decoration if they were dyed black. By my long collaboration with the Maestro I am feeling that this collection would find his approval and I am absolutely sure that Gala would prefer it to the polichromed". Oscar Tusquets

Weiterlesen...

Oben Unten